We currently have one opening for a qualified ship repair estimator. If you have the skills listed below and would like to work for a company that truly values its employees… then this could be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for!
Check out who we are what we do http://kemplon.com/
Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a ship repair estimator or similar role
- Sound working knowledge of the procedures and processes undertaken in shipyards
- Project planning and scheduling
- Material Take off
- Working knowledge on Estimation process
- Excellent Negotiation skills
- Able to read and understand ships blueprints
- Effectively communicate with Clients
- Liaison between company and clients
- Computer Literate
- Estimating costs on each aspect of vessel repair, including, but not limited to; mechanical, electrical, plumbing, painting and metal work.
- Visit vessels to collect data about specific repairs.
- Quantify work scopes, assess job cost and set time timetable.
- Perform detailed bid assignments, estimate and negotiate change orders during work in progress.
- Develop cost analysis, budgets and schedules for new building and repair projects in an efficient and timely manner.
- Utilize computer skills in word processing, scheduling, budgeting and reading blueprints.
- Five years’ experience as a Ship Estimator.
- Understanding of Ship repair and Government standard.
Our company values our people. We offer training and advancement, promote from within and show appreciation to our employees quarterly with awards and recognition.
Medical, dental, vision & life benefits offered. Vacation, sick time and holiday pay included in addition to 401K.