The Sales Engineer will be responsible for identifying, qualifying, pursuing, and developing new product and service opportunities within the marine engineering and fabrication field. Acquiring new account business and maintaining excellent customer relations with existing customer base. Marketing and selling Kemplon’s products and services to obtain orders that drive sales utilizing their technical expertise, account management skills, sales ability, and as high customer focus.
- Increase sales in local marketplace
- Responsible for “closing the sale” with customers.
- Responsible for many of the technical aspects of the presales and sales processes.
- Technical assistance to assigned customers and potential customers including first time site visits
- Monitor status and communicate with customers on outstanding orders
- Follow up on quotes and increase percentage of bids that are awarded
- Possess the ability to communicate in a personable form.. not only technical.
- Position is expected to develop, grow, and maintain relationships with Kemplon customers and potential customers.
- Possess the ability to gain confidence of customers, becoming a trusted source of information about Kemplon’s offerings both technically and in a personable form.
- Listen well to the customers’ needs
- Leverages product knowledge, in their area of focus, to provide technical expertise to our sales team, Service Provider Partners, and end customers. Performing technical sales presentations; product demonstrations and product proof of concepts. Close the technical side of deals.
- Work in conjunction with Project Management and Business development by providing customer business reports and reporting daily/weekly as directed.
- Attend Trade and Boat Shows, Possible networking events, etc.
- Discussing new projects with customers and recommending changes to improve manufacturing.
- Knowledge of Regulatory Agencies and how they operate.
- Review RFQs and technical drawings and specifications for fit with company
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution preferably in Mechanical or Marine Engineering.
- Minimum 8 to 10 years as chief engineer or supervisor coming from a project management, port engineer or marine manager background involved with Large Yachts (over 50 m), government vessels, or commercial ships/shipyards involving the design, fabrication, and construction processes. Or prior engineering experience in a high tech environment in an indirect sales and procurement environment with a demonstrated track record of success in driving customer adoption of technology.
- A minimum of 3 years sales experience selling fabrication of vessels, boat building, or refit services and working with the decision makers in boat yards or on vessels.
- Knowledge of trade applications and regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft word, excel, and outlook
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and
memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations before customers, clients, or employees of organization.