Looking for PROJECT MANAGER for SHIP REPAIR Engineering Company in Fort Lauderdale, Florida!
Leading projects within the United States and South Florida Market.
Who are we?
We are a team of hardworking professionals who believe in offering the best possible service to our clients. We are a Marine Engineering company that provides highly specialized, refit and repair services to various shipyards, shipbuilders and large organizations all over the United States.
We work on large Private Yachts in Florida as well as Commercial and Government ships nationally.
Project managers work on local jobs as scheduled but are also required to travel as needed. Work is hands on in the field and home based for paperwork. Kemplon Engineering maximizes efficiency by requiring technicians report directly to jobs sites and we are paperless so you’ll never get tied to a desk!
Over the last 12 years we have positioned ourselves as a valuable partner to industry heavy hitters such as:
• The US Coast Guard and the NAVY
• Bombardier Transportation
• Bollinger Shipyards
• MTU America
• Florida Detroit Diesel Allison
We are looking for someone special to contribute to our company as we continue to grow and build on our reputation for quality work with fast turnaround times.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a well-versed SHIP REPAIR PROJECT MANAGER, previous experience as a Marine Superintendent, technical supervisor, Shipbuilding Superintendent may crossover. Someone with a strong profile on the following features:
1. Technical knowledge/ Hands on experience in ship repair. Fundamental expertise to plan, arrange and oversee all maintenance needed on our client’s vessels and ships; Carry out inspections and monitor work performed by our technicians.
****A qualification requirement for this position is experience in managing the following trades: Outside machinist, Rigger, Welder, Pipe Fitter****
2. Outstanding Leadership skills. We count on a very skilled team with great leaders to guide them and coach them. Our crews in the field have to be productive and provide value to our customers. Our Managers must be CUSTOMER focused and SAFETY focused. We place both these things as our top priority.
3. Management experience. We are looking for an individual who has proven track record of excellent management of projects and professional interaction with clients. We demand quality service that is on time and on budget. You must be able to run multiple projects at once and you need to be the kind of person who genuinely likes to be busy.
What do we offer you?
• We offer you a career not just a job!
• Competitive Salary! – Based on Experience
• 90% work on job sites and 10% work from home
• PTO (3 days of Sick and 3 days of Personal time, Holidays and vacation)
• Travel accommodations
• Skilled and supportive team to work with!
• Meaningful work where your input will matter
• Creative work Environment. Virtual and Paperless
• Excellent customers to work with and opportunities to consult and solve customer problems
• Bilingual Preferred (English- Spanish)
• 5+ years managing or leading a team
• Must be willing to travel. May be assigned to multiple locations as we dispatch teams within the United States
• Work overtime, and motivate teams to provide world class service.
• Be willing to relocate to Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
• Be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States
If you think you are a good fit. Apply Right NOW!
Submit your resume
You will be contacted by our recruiter for an initial conversation
To go over in details about this great opportunity!!!
Learn more about what we do here. www.kemplon.com