Ship Repair Estimator- Experienced in Government Bids & Proposals
Work from home as an Independent Contractor/ Flexible Schedule/ No relocation needed.
Kemplon Engineering providess pecialized service of overhaul, reparation, and refiton shipsand vessels. All of our services are customized to client specific requirements. We count with a team of expert engineers and fine technicians to provide personalized consulting to our clients for jobs done in drydock and dockside repairs. The company quotes and prepares estimates for local clients in South Florida at high volume and fast paced record time. We BID meticulously on Federal Business Opportunities for marine engineering projects for the DOD and prime contractors in the same market.
The Ship Repair estimator is a position for an expert in repairing and Ship building. This individual must focus on preparing and submitting the BIDs and proposals for government opportunities that are relevant to our past work performance and matches the company’s capabilities.
Someone interested in this position may be employed as a Shipbuilding specialist, contract estimator, or marine/ shipyard estimator. We are willing to work with a flexible schedule to accomplish monthly goals and deadlines
• Must be a self-motivated and driven individual to work as an independent contractor
• Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience writing and being awarded federal government DOD contracts
• Must ave excellent planning and analytical skills
• Must have first class communication skills- Written and verbal
• Must have expert knowledge in Microsoft Office and strong mathematical skills
• Must be able to read blue prints and drawings and quantity take offs
• Calculate material quantity requirements for governments bids and proposals; gather, prepare and source estimating data,
• Prepare bid packages, estimates, cost and value engineering following requirements thru the Federal Business opportunities website.
• Assist in the gathering and researching of company historical data for estimating
• Identify and implement cost saving opportunities
• Must be able to quote weld times / do take offs / and provide technical data needed for shipyard / ship repair quoting process.
• Able to translate the budget to various pricing schedules towards the client (lump sum, day rate, unit rate, provisional sum, reimbursable or any combination) depending on the given pricing strategy
• Advise on the pricing schedule towards the clients or towards large sub – contractors
• Must possess a thorough understanding in the Ship repair fabrication and pipe fitting processes, materials and costing methods. Knowledge of heavy rigging and outside machinist trades for quoting purposes.
• Competitive compensation structure based on bids submitted and awarded
• Driven and self-motivated individual able to WORK FROM HOME! NO RELOCATION NEEDED!
• Able to work in a paperless environment and remote team
• Flexible schedule
• Must be able to commit to 2 -4 bids per month. 2 being the minimum.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com
If selected, you will be contacted by our recruiter for an initial conversation
To go over in details about this great opportunity!!!Learn more about what we do here. www.kemplon.com