Kemplon Engineering caters to a whole array of custom welding and fabrication requirements of some of the top names in Marine Engineering & Industrial Engineering. Established in 2005 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, we are committed to customer satisfaction and workplace safety
With an accomplished team operating from a spacious, 20,000 square-foot machine shop stocked with cutting edge equipment, Kemplon delivers tailored solutions within the designated budgets and deadlines. Our solutions:
- Welding & Fabrication
- Pipe Fitting
- Machine Shop Operations
- Heavy Rigging
Operations conducted in our shop:
- Cutting, Drilling, Milling, & Sawing
- Bending, Shearing, & Pressing
Materials We Utilize:
- Metals: Stainless Steel, Steel, Duplex Stainless, Aluminum, Bronze, Brass, Copper, Monel, & Inconel
- Synthetic Materials: Delrin, Nylon, Polyurethane, Polycarbonate, Teflon, & Vesconite
Being accomplished engineers, Kemplon Engineering is more than aware of how concepts originate and the urgency in acting on ideas. Provide drawings or specs on your project and we will take over from there.
Welding is amongst the fundamentally important processes in any fabrication shop. Kemplon Engineering boasts of a dedicated team of Lloyds, American Welding Society (AWS), and the American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) certified welders capable of executing custom welding operation in our shop and on-site for ships and large yachts.
We weld Steel, Stainless Steel (304 – 316), Aluminum, Duplex, Monel, Inconel, and Copper-Nickel through:
Lloyds, AWS, & ABS Certified Class Welding
- Lloyds GMAW (MIG) & GTAW (TIG) Steel 6G Position
- AWS GMAW & SMAW (Stick) Steel 6G Position
- AWS GTAW Stainless Steel 6G Position
- ABS GMAW Steel 6G Position
- ABS GTAW Steel 4F Position
- ABS GMAW Aluminum 4F Position
- Plasma Cutting
- Silver Brazing
- Air Carbon Arc Gouging
- Track Torch Cutting
Kemplon’s welding equipment:
- 3 TIG Welders: 350 amp, miller scynrowave, water cooled A/C-D/C
- 2 MIG / Stick / TIG Welders: 250 amp, miller
- 1 TIG / MIG / Stick Welder: 350 amp, miller, diesel mobile
- 3 MIG / Stick / TIG Welders: 350 amp, portable
- 1 TIG Welder: 185 Lincoln, air cooled, A/C-D/C
- 1 TIG / Stick Welder: 200 amp, portable, A/C-D/C
- 4 TIG / Stick Welders: 185 amp, portable, D/C
- 4 TIG / Stick Welders: 150 amp, portable, D/C
With the following recent additions:
- Miller Multi-Process Welder XMT 350 CC/CV
- Miller AlumaFeed Synergic Aluminum Welding System
- Tig Welder Dynasty 200 DX AC/DC 120/460 Volt / Phase 50/60 Hz Power Source
Kemplon Engineering employs the Mazak Super Turbo X 612 High-Pro Supercharger Laser Cutter with constant beam length delivery feature for non-stop cutting of metals up to a maximum thickness of 5/8”.
Mazak’s Super Turbo X 612 High-Pro Supercharger Laser Cutter
Capable of automatic operation, its advanced features reduce set-up time, minimize operational costs, prevent overheating, and eliminate the need for heavy and expensive jigs and fixtures.
Sheet Metal Operations
Grizzly’s G0629 Three-in-One 52” Sheet Metal Machine is capable of Shearing, Bending, and Slip Rolling sheet metal of up to 20 gauge thickness. The machine shears with a fixed lower blade and movable upper blade. An adjustable stop allows straight and angled cuts.
Grizzly G0629 Three-in-One 52” Sheet Metal Machine
With a total steel body, rear extension arms, and a shear table with front guides and adjustable rear stops, the machine shapes sheet material using 3 heavy steel rollers attached to gears. It can bend sheet metal of numerous widths including a minimum reverse bend of 0.5”.
Kemplon also employs the HTC 200 G Press Brake of 200 tons capacity for bending sheet metal. The brake is designed for hands-free operation during the press stroke and for correct positioning of the ram at the bottom of the stroke.
HTC 200 G Press Brake
Its front operated back gauge eliminates the time required for positioning the workpiece. The machine delivers its rated capacity over the entire length of the stroke and possesses a longer and more adjustable ram stroke.
Kalamazoo Cold Saw FS350A can use a blade of maximum diameter 350 mm. Its cutting capacity depends on the angle of cut and the shape of the workpiece and the machine’s feed rate and cutting cycle are automatically set.
Kalamazoo CNC Cold Saw FS350A
Features include variable vice and feed pressure, digital length setting, two speeds for flexibility, enclosed worm drive for convenience, head rotation 450 left and 150 right of center, and a flood coolant system.
Other machines include:
- Manual Precision Lathe: 18” x 60” capacity
- Manual Precision Knee Mill: 9” x 48” capacity
- Hydraulic Notcher: 12”
- 2 Plasma Cutting Machines: portable
- 3 Forklifts: capacities 6k, 5k, & 2k
- Electric Track Torch: oxy/acetylene
- Rigging Equipment / Chain Hoist: full array ranging from ¼ ton to 5ton
- Miscellaneous Power Tools: Grinders, Drills, Die Grinders, Chop Saws, Mag-Base Drills etc.
Through years of practice, we have perfected the art of applying human intelligence for directing such a vast arsenal of machines along the path that places our customers at the center of our focus and helps us deliver sublimely custom solutions.