^ Busy Scenes at FABTECH – Image Courtesy of FABTECH Expo at http://www.fabtechexpo.com/attend
North America’s Largest Metal Forming, Fabricating, Welding, and Finishing Event, is how their official website describes FABTECH.
With over 1,300 exhibitors and 28,000 attendees flocking at the 550,000 square foot Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada in mid-November, FABTECH 2016 did more than just live up to its reputation.
FABTECH 2012 was held at this very venue and ended up garnering 93 leads per exhibitor – a total of 117,487 leads. Quite a return for a modest investment! But FABTECH is more than just about sales and networking.
It offers innovators the best possible avenue to demonstrate their creative talents. Plus there are expert presentations and educational sessions that refine the experience by delivering sector-specific data and analysis.
Attendees include representatives from the heavy equipment, automotive, aerospace, defense, energy, construction, agriculture, mining and power generation, other transportation, and oil-gas sectors.
Consider this. A staggering 97% of visitors said the show influences their purchase decision, 58% of those planning to purchase intend to do so in the next 6-9 months, and 62% attendees do not visit any other show.
Not only does FABTECH feature what is new, it demonstrates what is next. The solutions help companies upscale quality, productivity, and profitability. Precisely why deals are cut at FABTECH.
It is for this reason that the show attracts the best technology and innovators as exhibitors. And more than that, FABTECH provides attendees something they can use immediately – a solution, an idea, a new technology, or a contact.
For more than one reason, FABTECH is special:
- Innovation is the central theme at FABTECH. Over 1,300 exhibitors display cutting edge products and equipment while also providing practical demonstrations
- Specialist Speakers open a whole treasure chest of knowledge and insightful perspectives on the issues in metal manufacturing. These are Keynotes, Complimentary Business Presentations, and State of the Industry Outlook
- Networking opens up innumerable business opportunities. Visited as it is by a staggering 28,000 attendees, the opportunities for networking at FABTECH are infinite
- Exemplary Learning Opportunities from the over-100 educational sessions provide sharp tips on the best practices, latest trends, and critical skill requirements in the industry
- Special Events such as the Welding Competition and FABTECH Happy Hour further enliven the experience at FABTECH
In the opening speech, former welterweight and light-middleweight world boxing champion Sugar Ray Leonard advised visitors to POWER – prepare, overcome, and win every round. Remember the quote: by failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.
San Diego-based Workshop for Warriors helps veterans move from military to civilian life by offering practical and technical training in manufacturing technologies. This also rebuilds the sophisticated American manufacturing workforce.
Automation was very much the underlying theme at FABTECH 2016. Welding equipment at the show included welding automation solutions, novel power sources, and Welding Intelligent TM solution to boost productivity, safety, quality, and profits.
Miller Electric Manufacturing Company’s equipment included:
- Auto-ContinuumTM 350 and Auto-Continuum 500 MIG welders provide superior arcs to substantially upgrade weld quality and throughput in highly-demanding automation applications
MultimaticTM Multi-Process Welder is a compact, lightweight welder that offers easy set-ups for numerous processes viz. MIG, DC TIG, flux-cored, and DC Stick welding by using the Auto-Set TM Elite, color LCD interface, and Auto-Set modes
Capable of joining multiple materials, the welder can weld 3/8 inch thick mild steel in one pass
- ArcReachTM Stick / TIG Remote improves the safety, quality, and productivity of welding by enabling the welder to change weld settings without moving from the weld joint
You can use it with XMT 450 CC/CV, XMT® 350 CC/CV, and DimensionTM 650
- Big Blue® 600 Air Park Welder / Generator is a 600 amp machine with a 65.7 hp engine that powers on-the-field welding equipment, air compressors, and carbon arc gouging machines engaged by the fabrication, rail, construction, and mining industries
- 20 Series Regulator is a robust, heavy-duty regulator for precise and efficient regulation with minimum downtime and maintenance
- Split Leather Jacket is made from pig split leather sewn with Kevlar thread for better toughness. Offers additional neck and rear tail protection while offering greater operator mobility
Other welding equipment included:
- Bugo Systems’ Heavyweight MDS vertically lifts 180 lbs without using extra gearboxes
- ALM Positioners’ Cantilever and Powered Trunnions handle radial loads of maximum 21,600 lbs
- Spire Dust Collector and RoboVent are space saving dust collectors for robotic welding
- Bessey Tools’ PVH3813, PV2412, and SVH5223 are portable, CE certified, and digitally-operated induction bearing heaters that improve bearing life via demagnetization and correct temperature-time settings
- LORD’s 850 and 852 Toughened Structural Acrylic Adhesives can replace welding, riveting, and brazing in certain applications and certain conditions
- CS Unitec’s VARLIEX WSF 1800, PTX Eco Smart, and PIPE-MAX remove welds, rust, scratches, and paint from steel and non-ferrous surfaces
Notable non-welding equipment included:
- Bystronic’s ByStar 10KW Fiber Laser that is five times as fast as CO2 Fiber lasers are smaller yet more powerful than CO2 lasers
- Mazak Optonics introduced the Versatile Compact Laser (VCL) – Tube 100 and the Optiplex 3015 DDL, both direct diode laser (DDL) lasers. DDL may well prove better than fiber lasers
Kemplon Engineering has employed the Mazak Super Turbo X612 High-Pro Supercharger Laser Cutter since 2012. The X612 offers constant-beam-length delivery, non-stop automated operation, and non-dependence on complex jigs-fixtures while cutting through diverse metals
- Behringer’s automated band saws and circular cold saws slice through steel with a speed and accuracy that non-automated saws can never even hope to match
- Squeaks® by IGear is a mobile-first industrial messaging app that updates every relevant person in the plant on the state of affairs – a robotic system running out of welding wire for example
Trade expos such as FABTECH are essential to rebuild the former splendor of the manufacturing sector in the United States as the country looks to benefit from the return of outsourced manufacturing operations.
Visit our blog to know what’s trending in the world of manufacturing and fabrication.